Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 26, 2010

Aloha!

This past week was pretty good. Zone conference was amazing! We really were able to learn alot. I also was able to see my old companion Elder Mccuistion. He's been serving in Mililani and zone conference our two zones met together. so it was fun to see him and relive some good times we had serving in Kaimuki. I also was able to see Elder Cart who is an elder in my last district, so that was lot's of fun. Zone conference was very spiritual, President Peterson had the focus be on the Atonement and he had elders bear their testimonies of the atonement. The spirit was very strong. The atonement really is the most important message we have to share. The restoration of the gospel is only important because it allows us to fully understand and take advantage of the atonement.

Well sounds like life's been pretty good back in Utah. And also pretty busy. So Amy and Adam moved back home for the summer? I bet it's kind of strange to have a full house again. I remember it was so strange before I left to just have me and Blake at home. Oh I got Blake's letter! It was so great to hear from him. Sounds like he's doing well and excited for basketball. sounds like he's going to be one Amazing basketball player.


I bet you guys were able to get a lot done in the yard. I bet it looks super nice. you'll have to send me some pictures of the yard. I remember it always seemed there was a lot of work to be done once it started warming up again. I bet you've done an amazing job.

I remember Grandpa telling me a little about that device that goes in the gas line. So he's already put one in his car? Sounds like a very good idea. I bet it's a lot of fun talking to grandma and grandpa on Oovoo. I hope they are doing well. Tell them hello for me.

Well we had a baptismal interview this morning for one of our investigators, Kanani Kaina, and she passed! So we're going to have her baptism this saturday! So that is super exciting, and we are very glad for that.

One thing that was kind of hard though was earlier in the week one of our investigators, Taylor, gave us some bad news. Her parents would not sign the baptismal certificate, but it's kind of frustrating because they had told her she could and then they basically changed their minds. So that is a little frustrating, but it always works out the way the Lord wants it to work out.

We found a pretty cool investigator the other day. His name's Jared and is a friend of one of our ward members Lehi Livingston. And he seems very positive about us teaching him, so we're probably going to be able to start teaching him this next week. He's also a nice person to visit because he gives us updates on the NBA Playoffs. Always nice to hear about that. He's a Laker's fan, but I guess that's what baptism's for..Just kidding!

Well this is the last week of the transfer, so next monday i'll be able to tell you what's happening. It will be very interesting to see what happens, because I could see myself staying because my companion is dying this next transfer (he's going home), but I also could see myself leaving because it's pretty unusual to stay with a companion for 3 transfers. Also mother's day is this next sunday, so I'll probably call sometime in the afternoon probably around 1 or 2 so it will be evening time for you guys.

Well love you guys,

Elder Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment