Saturday, September 11, 2010

August 30


Aloha! Malo!

Sounds like it was a pretty fun week. Ha ha ha I got a kick out of the picture of Captain. That really is quite the picture! I bet it's nice for him to get all that fur off while it's still hot.

Oh that's cool that you went to the YSA fireside with Amy and Lily. I bet it was really good. I remember Sheri Dew spoke while I was in the MTC and I remember what she said and what I felt really motivated me. It's funny how some of those MTC experiences you really never forget. The Lord was really preparing us while we were there. We had such a good time with our district and the people we were rooming with. Such good memories! I know Adam's gonna have a super good time too.

Oh I am so excited for Adam! I know he's going to have such a great time in Iowa! I'm sure he will love Iowa more than any place he's ever been.

Well so Amy's already back at school at BYU!? That's crazy I remember when I just went down with her and helped her move all her stuff. That was lots of fun! I hope she's having a good time down there. I bet she's excited for the BYU football game, I sure hope they can beat Washington. What are the BYU football t-shirts like are they any good?

Oh I got your letter yesterday. Thanks so much mom! Your letters mean a lot. I'm sure I'll probably get the package in a day or so.

Well things here in Kona are going pretty good. We have another baptism this next Saturday and we have some pretty good potential baptismal candidates.

One of these is Summer. It seems like she is really close. We have had some really good lessons with her. We were able to start teaching her because her husband (who was a less active member) wanted to return to church. And so this led Summer to want to know more about the church. So then me and Elder McFarland came into the picture. So we've taught her the 1st two lessons. It's funny because at first she seemed really
skeptical, like she asked quite a few questions. She had like two full pages front and back of just questions. But she followed our advice and read and prayed about Joseph Smith and the book of mormon. And know she seems to be less skeptical and we can see the spirit working in her life. She seemed to really be touched by the plan of salvation. And then after we taught her that. We talked with her about her
feelings about the B of Mormon and Joseph Smith. She talked about how she's felt good about what we've taught. I told her that what she felt was the spirit. And then we pre-committed her for baptism. And she said as she knows that these things are true she will be baptized.

I know that the Lord has prepared this family. I know he blessed them with good experiences at church these past two sundays. I feel very humbled to see how the Lord really knows his sheep and knows what they need. We missionaries are so lucky to do his work here.

Me and Elder McFarland are so blessed to be serving here in the Kona 1st ward. The members are so good to us! This past wednesday we got ward members together and they went tracting with us! We were able to find 12 people interested in learning more. We've been able to start teaching two of them. Our ward is a such a good example of selfless service. I hope we can be worthy of such great ward members.

Well we had Stake Conference this Past sunday. And it was super good. President Dalton came and spoke. It was a good experience.

Well I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and Love!

Aloha,

Elder Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment