Monday, March 15, 2010

February 22, 2010

Well the week here in Kaneohe has been pretty interesting. It's been kind of a slower week. We have had trouble finding new people to teach, and lot's of our appointments throughout the week canceled on us. And also my companion had the flu on Saturday so that didn't help. But the one thing that made the week super good was we committed one of our investigators, Beau Gable to baptism. Beau is the 12-year old boy who came to church last sunday. So we are super excited for him! He will be baptized on March 7! So that is super good! And hopefully we'll be able to get the father to want to be baptized as well. It's pretty amazing to me how the Lord really helps us find those who are ready at exactly the right time!

Well I really am loving it here in Kaneohe. The work here in Kaneohe is quite a bit different than in Honolulu, but I definitely like it here as well.

Well today is kind of an interesting p-day. I am on exchange with a different companion, Elder Critchfield. Because my companion Elder Baryajav went up to Laie with another elder so he can take a language test up there. He got permission from president to take it so he can attend BYU once his mission's over in June. So he was pretty nervous about the test, but I think he'll do fine.

Thanks so much for the package! Packages are really the best! it made the day super good! It was a super good day because my companion got a package as well! And a member also gave us a microwave that day! So it was a very exciting day! It was pretty much like a mini-Christmas! I'll send you the picture I took the next time I send a letter!

Hey it was super funny at church yesterday. The Bishop asked me if I was related to a Rob Folsom, because he was watching on TV a college baseball game where Oregon State was playing somebody. My Bishop thought we would be related because I talked to him about how I grew up In Corvallis. So that was pretty crazy!

Oh it was kind of weird the other day we ran into someone from the Reorganized Church. She was super nice, but kind of crazy. Like she had a huge pig that she raised as a pet like a dog. But it was kind of funny/sad because she had 2 dogs as well and they seemed to fight with the pig. So that was pretty crazy.


Well I hope everything is going super well!

Love ya guys,

Elder Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment