Well it's been very interesting. Transfers have been kind of interesting. It was funny because I thought I knew what was going to happen, because my companion Elder Bayarjav is leaving. Thought I would get a new companion and that would be it. But what is happening is very interesting. They are combining my area (Kaneohe 1st) with Kaneohe 4th. So I already know who my companion is. And it is Elder Harris, who is from California. He is super cool and I am very excited to be his companion. And also since our two areas are combined we are getting a car. So no more biking around which is kind of a blessing since it is getting hotter now that we are getting summer weather. So it has been kind of crazy...with transfers you just never know.
Well things have been pretty interesting this past week. Elder Bayarjav is getting pretty excited to go home to Mongolia. Which is understandable, but it's kind of hard to be with a dying missionary, makes me more trunky than I would like. But the work is going alright we were able to commit one of our investigators Shad Kaluhewa to baptism for July 10. So we are super excited for him. He was able to go to "cottage meeting" with us. Which is a meeting at President Peterson's house in Honolulu where Recent Converts bear their testimonies. So pretty much an amazing thing to take our investigators to. After the meeting Shad felt the need to start to change his life. So we are very happy for the progress that he's making.
Also at Cottage Meeting I was able to see a couple I taught in Kaimuki, (Bruce and Mahony). I was so happy to see them. I hope they get baptized very soon. This work is truly a very happy work.
Well sunday was a very interesting day because it was Elder Bayarjav's last sunday. The Ward was very sad to see him leave. It is sad to see him go after we have been companions so long. Wish him the best in Mongolia. Elder Bayarjav had a pretty emotional sunday just with ward members thanking him and also after Sacrament Meeting they sang "aloha oihe" to him.
Aloha Oihe is a song they sing in Hawaii whenever someone is leaving. They usually always sing it for departing missionaries. And it usually always a very emotional moment for the dying missionary. It's very cool to watch.
Well I am super excited for Adam's Mission Call! I know he'll do great. He will be a great missionary. Know he will go somewhere super cool and of course where the Lord wants him.
This is the greatest work because it is his work. And He always helps us in this work in whatever situation we are placed. He wants us to share to the world that Christ's church has been restored and that the Book of Mormon is true. And through that book we can understand God's plan for us and return to live with him again.
This work is the best!
Aloha,
Elder Folsom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment