Monday, January 18, 2010

December 21, 2009

Well that is very crazy that aunt wendy met a missionary who looked like me and was from Hawaii! I'd like to meet him.

Well It sounds like it was a lot of fun going to temple square! I bet
it was super pretty! Just the other day, I was watching "Joy to the
World" with some less active members, and it showed Temple Square. The
lights are very pretty.

Well It really creates quite a conflict in my mind to hear about
BYU/OSU's bowl game. I guess I don't really know who I want to win. I
think BYU better play well though cause OSU's a good team. Well I hope
wearing BYU sweaters don't get you into any trouble.

Oh, about Christmas Day. I will probably be calling around 7-8 your
time. But it may depend on who calls first and how things work out, but
I'll be sure to call the cell phone or grandmas phone. It will be great
to talk to you guys!

Well I was excited to hear about Justin's mission call! He'll do a
great job! So is he living in Chicago right now? When does he leave?
That's exciting I wish him the best!

Your right about Bro. Talbot being a good home teacher. He also did
such a good job when I was in Priest Quorum. I learned a lot from him.

Thanks for the bishops mailing address. I'll be sure to send him a
letter. Oh and for the scripture on the plaque. I want John 14: 18 and
27. I'm not sure if they can do two that are unconnected, but they are
in the same chapter. If I can only do one pick 27 "Peace I leave with
you..." Thanks for getting that figured out for me.

Well thanks so much for the packages. Packages are truly the best. The
other day we were having kind of a long day. Our appointments were all
falling through so the day was lasting forever, but when we got home
and had packages. The day was much better after that. Oh and I loved
seeing the pictures of Blake. He looks like a great bball player. I
love the picture of him blocking that one kid! I'm sure that was
awesome!

Well the work is going well. Were still teaching quite a few people. We
have a baptism on the 26th for a 15 year old girl named kea. We also
were able to teach Lynn.

We didn't really give a full lesson, but we talked to here for a long
time. She told us how something was missing in her life ever since she
retired and she's not sure what it is. She was catholic most of her
life, but she doesn't really attend now. She seemed to act like the
catholic church didn't answer the questions she had. Especially after
her son died. So on Tuesday we're going to teach her the plan of
Salvation. I think it will go well. I feel like she has been prepared
by the Lord. It truly is humbling to take part in His work.


Merry Christmas,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment