Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18,2010

Aloha!
Sounds like everything is going well back home. it's so exciting though that Lily was able to find a new job. I am sure it will be so nice to do something different! So I bet stake conference was pretty good. Is Elder Huntsman related to Governor Huntsman? Well anyway it sounds like it was a pretty good talk. We actually had stake conference this week too. We had Elder Clayton from the seventy speak. He gave a super good talk. He also shook the hands of all the missionaries before the conference started. That was pretty cool.Oh and it's cool that whitney and tommy spoke. Whitney was on the debate team and I know Tommy from Cross Country. I bet they both gave pretty good talks.
Well I'm so excited for Blake that his team's undefeated! That is super great! How many more games does he have left in the season? It was so great to have those pictures of him playing basketball. It was always fun to go to those games.
Well I hope you guys go do something exciting! Hope you have a great day off from school and stuff.
Oh I forgot to thank you for the package. Thanks for the rice krispies and the candy. It made me and my companion super happy. Oh and it was also great to see the pictures from Christmas. It seemed like that must have been lot's of fun. It was funny to see the pictures of all of you on the beach. I sort of wish we could touch the sand....but I guess there's a time for everything.
Well everything is going super great here in Honolulu. Me and my companion are getting along well. so the work is going good. We have been blessed to be able to find new people to teach. It seemed like a lot of little miracles happened last week which made it super awesome!
Like we were able to start teaching Brenda. Brenda is the wife of one of our members in the ward, Lenny Tausaga. Lenny is a convert and was baptized probably about a year ago. He is super nice and cool. Well on Tuesday we stopped by to teach Lenny, and we taught him a lesson, but just when the prayer was said, Brenda walks in. And we then taught her the restoration. So it truly was a miracle.
We also found two other new investigators, so it seems the Lord is truly blessing us. I am so grateful to be in the area I'm in. It's a very nice place to start out.
I don't think i told you last week though that we had to drop Bill as an investigator. That was kind of sad, His friends had been giving him a lot of grief for listening to the missionaries and gave him lot's of anti-mormon stuff to read. So we were fielding some pretty hard questions about Polygamy, baptisms for the dead, the priesthood, and other questions. We gave brief answers to the questions, but then told Bill that he needed to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know of it's truthfullness. Which is basically all we could do. Well it was a little frustrating for us, but we did all we could do. Hopefully he comes around.
Even though that was sad the work is still going very, very well and miracles happen. Like we got a referrall from the Salt Lake Temple for a woman named Mahony Abldullah. She is married to a member who is less active named Bruce.She asked for a together forever DVD ( about families) and wanted to know more about Bruce's faith. We were able to teach the restoration and it went great we had a member in our ward Bro. Gulledge come with us. He told his conversion story to the church. The lesson really went beautifully, but it was truly nothing that I or Elder Mccuistion did that made it go so well. The Lord truly allow miracles to happen to allow his work to go forth. Bro. Gulledge coming to our lesson was pretty much a small miracle. The whole day before our lesson with Mahony we weren't really sure who we were going to have come with us. We called other members, but we were having no luck, it being a saturday and everything, but we ended up having
Dinner with the Gulledges we asked him to come with us and he did. But we hadn't really thought to ask him before. I Having him there made the lesson so much better.
Miracles happen to help us in this work.
Well I guess I don't have too much left to say, but I love all you guys!
Elder Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment